The Lingk API Plugin for Apache Nifi provides an easy way to extend Apache Nifi for creating custom APIs.
- Is installed behind a firewall.
- Is not a recipe.
- Provides REST APIs used in a recipe through the Lingk Adapter connector.
- Is designed for batch data use case with on-premise databases
- Can be leveraged for additional uses cases (event-driven, IOT, etc).
On-Premise API Capabilities
With the Lingk API Plugin for Apache Nifi, you can create REST APIs for reading and writing data from Lingk batch recipes on demand or in real-time.
Here is a summary of the capabilities of the plugin:
- Supports HTTP GET, POST and PUT operations.
- Converts HTTP GET query string parameters to JSON for APIs using dynamical SQL templates.
- Merges HTTP POST payloads to JSON operations using dynamical SQL templates.
- Supports creating new API from a management dashboard.
- Support Mustache-like templating for SQL or JSON API templates using the Schnauzer template language.
- Handles pagination automatically for standard JDBC SELECT statements.
- Utilizes JWT-based security and environment credentials when connected to the Lingk Adapter recipe connectors.
- Supports SQL scripts for complex Oracle PL/SQL scenarios (for Banner, PeopleSoft, etc).
- Supports reading data from CSV files.